Monday, April 17, 2006

"Tuning In" Vs. Tuning Out"

Do you ever look around you and notice that several of the people in your close proximaty are "tuned out"?? In other words not available for comment. Zoning... Out for lunch.. on break, Having an early siesta. I find it more and more common that those around me are doing one of the aforementioned activities. It seems to me that more and more people spend a large portion of their days Tuned out vs. Tuned in. It is only when we tune in that we are able to interact and learn useful information about the surrounding world. Not that a brother who is 'tuned out" can not feel that rain drops hitting him on the head, But rather the fact that he does nothing about it. Seem strange? I will talk more out this Tuned out business in my next update.
rich